When it comes to a delicious dinner, there is no beating a classic stir fry. I love the sauce that brings your protein and veggies together. You can customize this dish however you want, making it so versatile. This is my recipe for chicken stir fry, but you can defiantly build off of it. That is what recipes are for.
own a wok and have never even used it before! It requires a gas stove which I do not have at the moment, so for now, a non-stick pan will work just fine.
For your chicken, dice it up into 1 inch cubes. Place your chicken in a large bowl so it can be seasoned. For my seasonings, I use cornstarch, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, coriander, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and ground ginger. Thoroughly work the seasonings into the chicken and set aside.
Next, we will make our sauce. First, and most important ingredient is soy sauce. I actually used gluten free soy sauce or Tamari to make this dish totally gluten free. Next, you want to add sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, cornstarch and chili infused honey. Give that a very thorough stir so there are no cornstarch clumps. If you want to be extra cautious of the clumps, mix the cornstarch with a little water and add that to the sauce. That is called a slurry and it is an easy way to thicken your sauce.
Now it is time to cut up your veggies. For your vegetables, you can use whatever you like! For my recipe, I used green beans, snap peas, baby broccoli, red bell pepper, baby corn, and mushrooms. I first did my heartier veggies first such as my green beans, snap peas, and broccoli. Then when those were halfway cooked, I added my baby corn and bell pepper. Lastly, I added my mushrooms.
Once your veggies are all cooked, I added my chicken back into the pan and my sauce. Toss your sauce with your meat and veggies, and you are ready to enjoy over a fluffy bed of white rice!
One Pan Asian Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 Cups Diced Chicken
- 1 Tbsp Each: Corn Starch, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder, Coriander, and Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 3-4 Tbsp Chili Infused Honey (Regular works just fine, I just like spice)
- 1/2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 Cup Green Beans
- 1/4 Cup Snap Peas
- 1/4 Cup Baby Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Baby Corn
- 1/4 Cup Red Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Mushrooms
- In a large mixing bowl, add your diced chicken and seasonings and thoroughly mix. Set aside
- For your sauce, whisk together soy sauce, corn starch, sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic paste, ginger paste, and honey. Make sure it is completely mixed.
- In a pan on high heat, cook your chicken with some oil until it is cooked. Take it out and set the chicken aside.
- In the same pan on medium to high heat, add oil and sauce your veggies. When the oil runs out, add 1 tbsp of water to create some steam in the pan. Continue cooking until the veggies are done.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add your chicken back into the pan and add your sauce.
- Once everything is nicely coated in the sauce, serve immediately over some delicious rice and enjoy!