This easy one pan creamy mushroom chicken pasta is absolutely delicious and is going to be a family favorite. The best part about this recipe is you do not need to use more than one pan so it is very easy to clean up. This dinner under 30 minutes is perfect for your weeknight!
First we need to sauté our chicken. In a skillet sauté your chicken in coconut oil on medium to high heat. My chicken breasts were fairly large, so I ended up slicing them in half! I seasoned them with a basic mixture of salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder. I cooked mine all the way through about 7-8 minutes a side. Once my chicken was cooked, I removed it from the skillet and left all of the wonderful brown bits in the pan.
This adds another dimension of flavor. To your skillet, add 1 Tbsp of butter, your minced garlic and shallot. Cook these down until fragrant, about 1 minute. Next, pour in your mushrooms and give your veggies a stir. Once your veggies have cooked down slightly, add chicken stock and heavy cream. To make this even more protein packed, use bone broth! I got an extra 32 g of protein in this entire dish just by using bone broth!
Once your liquid is in the pan, add your pasta of choice, I used one box of spaghetti. Mine was gluten free, so this recipe is easily gluten friendly! Keep an eye on your pasta and reduce the heat so a simmer. Your pasta will absorb the liquid and the starches released will thicken the sauce naturally! Occasionally stir your pasta. Once it seems cooked, add 1/4 cup parmesan and fold it into the sauce.
When your pasta is done cooking, top with your cooked chicken, parsley, and more parmesan cheese.
Easy One Pan Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Shallot Minced
- 2 Cups Mushrooms
- 32 Oz Chicken Stock or Bone Broth
- 1 1/2-2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Box Spaghetti Pasta
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- In a skillet on medium to high heat saute your seasoned chicken with coconut oil until cooked about 7-8 minutes a side.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside keeping warm.
- Add your butter, garlic, and shallot to the pan and sauté until fragrant about 1 minute. Next, Add your mushrooms and begin to cook down.
- Pour in your chicken stock and heavy cream and stir. Add your box of raw pasta and let the pasta absorb the delicious sauce. The pasta releases starch that will naturally thicken the sauce. Once the pasta seems cooked, add your parmesan cheese and remove the pan from the heat. Give one last stir.
- Add your chicken back in and garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese.