If you are looking for a refreshing chicken pasta recipe for dinner, then this is the place for you! This recipe uses a quick homemade marinara recipe that brightens up the pasta and chicken.
The first part of this recipe is to season and cook your chicken. This will set the stage for the pasta sauce. I seasoned my chicken with a basic chicken seasoning blend. You really cannot go wrong with picking your seasoning. You could even go as light as salt and pepper. I tend to add a bit more like onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika as a simplified version.
In a skillet on medium to high heat with 1 tbsp oil, cook your chicken in the skillet until it reaches 165 and has a golden brown color. Once your chicken is cooked, remove it from the heat leaving any little brown bits in the pan. This is where another layer of flavor is going to come from!
Toss in your minced garlic and shallot. Cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Then pour in 1/4 cup of chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Next, add in your 2 tbsp of tomato paste and let this simmer. You can reduce the pan heat to medium. When your tomato paste has been broken down, then add your large can of whole peeled tomatoes. I like the whole peeled tomatoes because I find that there is more texture and I like tomato pieces. If you DO NOT LIKE THAT, use whole crushed tomatoes.
Add in all of your seasonings and parmesan and stir until the sauce is completely incorporated. Toss in your cooked pasta and lay your sliced chicken back into the pan. Garnish with fresh basil and more parmesan!
Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Bag Trotolle Pasta
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Shallot Minced
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder Paprika, Red Pepper Flakes, Dried Basil, Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Basil To Garnish
- Season your chicken to your liking. I used a chicken seasoning blend. Cook chicken in your skillet with 1 tbsp oil until 165 F. About 15 minutes.
- Remove your chicken from the skillet. Leave the brown bits in the skillet. Add oil if you need it. Toss in your minced garlic and shallot. Cook until fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Pour in your chicken broth to deglaze the pan.
- Add your tomato paste and stir. Pour in 1 large can of whole peeled tomatoes. I like to simmer them on medium heat and use my spoon to crush them down.
- Toss in your seasonings and mix well. Add the parmesan cheese. Once your sauce is all mixed, add in your cooked pasta.
- Slice your cooked chicken and lay it on top of the pasta and marinara. Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
How big of a can of whole tomatoes? 28oz or 14.4oz?
Staley Lane says