The Super Bowl is here and we are ready for some game day munchies! You are going to want to come over for this sweet citrus chili meatball recipe that will have your guests paying more attention to your food than the TV! I am so excited for this recipe because it is so hands off you won’t miss a single moment or Super Bowl ad! These sweet, tangy meatballs are the perfect Asian fusion with a game day classic. Yay sports!
These are some of the easiest meatballs I have ever made. The best part…the FLAVOR! I got the perfect Asian inspired glaze with just a few ingredients.
I used homemade meatballs that I froze, but you can also use store-bought. I had ground beef left over and did not want any of it, so I made mine from scratch. Since this was an Asian recipe, I made mine super simple since they are not Italian inspired. Store-bought works just as well, and are very convenient!
In a crockpot or slow cooker, add your frozen meatballs, orange marmalade, Gojuchang paste, soy sauce, minced garlic, and ginger. Mine was gluten free because I used Tamari sauce which is extremely similar to regular soy sauce. You can find this at your local grocery store in the Asian section. Let this slow cook on high for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally! I topped mine with sesame seeds.
Asian Chili Meatballs
- Frozen meatballs mine are homemade
- 1 jar of orange jelly/marmalade
- 4 tbsp gochujang paste Asian section of your grocery store
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or Tamari (GF)
- 1 heaping tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- Sesame seeds
- Add your frozen meatballs to your slow cooker.
- Add your jam, soy, Gojuchang, garlic and ginger.
- No need to mix.
- Set on high and cook for 3 hours.
- Stir half want and enjoy!
- Optional is to sprinkle sesame seeds on them!