Rockefeller oysters are a well known dish for their garlic parmesan breaded coating and savory flavor. Many people are not fans of oysters, so for this recipe I brought it to something that is loved by all, potatoes!
This recipe is easy, yet so delicious! You will not want to make potatoes any other way!
First, cut your red potatoes into wedges. We want them to be smaller so they roast evenly. To a prepped baking sheet, add potatoes, olive oil, and salt. Roast these in the oven at 375 for about 30-40 minutes until light golden brown and fork tender. We will be putting these back in the oven for a little bit, so you want them about 90% cooked.
While the potatoes are roasting, we will begin our topping. To your nonstick skillet, add 4 tbsp of butter and melt. Add minced garlic, shallot, and red pepper flakes. Give this a stir and when the garlic and shallot are fragrant, add your chopped spinach. You only need to cook the garlic and shallot about 1 minute before adding the spinach. When the spinach is cooked, remove the pan from the heat.
In a separate bowl, add 1 cup of bread crumbs, 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and mix, I used Italian Gluten Free bread crumbs.
Add your spinach mix to the bread crumbs and stir until a slightly wet sand texture.
Take your potatoes out of the oven and add 1 1/2 -2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Top with the spinach bread crumb mixture and pop back into the oven at 450 for about 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bread crumbs are golden brown.
Squeeze with some lemon and enjoy!
One Sheet Rockefeller Roasted Potatoes
- Red Potatoes
- 1 1/2-2 Cups Mozarella
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
Spinach Bread Crumb Mix
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs (Can be Gluten Free)
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 5 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Minced Shallot
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Cut your potatoes into small wedges
- Toss your potatoes in oil and salt.
- Lay on a prepped or lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes until potatoes are light brown and almost completely fork tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking make your breading topping.
- In a skillet melt 4 tbsp butter. Add your minced garlic, shallot, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Chop up spinach and throw into the skillet.
- Cook the spinach down and when it is done, remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, add bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Toss in your spinach garlic butter mixture. Stir until it is a slightly wet sand consistency.
- Take out your potatoes and heat the oven to 450. Add your shredded mozzarella to the potatoes and your bread topping.
- Pop your potatoes into the oven for another 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and crumbs are golden brown. Squeeze with a little lemon juice and enjoy!