If you are looking for a hands off, easy way of making delicious salmon, this is the recipe for you! You do not need any pans and can cook delicious salmon every time! All you need is an air fryer! And if you do not have one, no worries, you can oven bake it as well!
First we need to score your salmon filet! With the skin still one, gently cut through 3/4th of the salmon vertically one direction and flip the salmon 90 degrees and do the same. You will have a checkerboard like pattern.
Once you cut your salmon, we are going to season it. I like a lot of seasoning on mine, but you can add as much or as little as you would like. I used a blend of cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, and paprika. Make sure to get into all of the scores so every bite has flavor. Then, cut thin dabs of butter and we are going to stick some in between the salmon to keep it moist during the cooking process.
In a preheated air fryer, cook at 390 F for 15-20 minutes depending on your size of filet. For an oven, bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, while your salmon cooks, in a microwave safe bowl, melt 2 tbsp of butter and add 2 tsp of minced garlic, 2 tsp of chopped parsley, 2 tsp lemon juice, and 2 tsp of hot sauce.
When your salmon is done, serve over a bed of rice or delicious potatoes. Baste with the sauce and sprinkle a little more parsley and enjoy!
Easy 20 Minute Crispy Air Fryer Salmon
- 1 Salmon Filet (About 3-5 oz)
- 1 Tbsp Thinly Sliced Butter
- 1 Tsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, Onion and Garlic Powder, Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 2 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Minced Parsley
- 2 Tsp Hot Sauce of Choice
- Carefully cut salmon with the skin on 3/4th deep vertically, then turn the salmon 90 degrees and make the same cuts.
- You will be scoring the salmon. Next season to your liking making sure to season in between the scores.
- Take your thinly sliced butter and stick in between the scores so the butter melts on the salmon during the cooking process.
- In a preheated air fryer, cook 390F for 15-20 minutes.
- In a preheated oven, cook 375F for 20-25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Hot Butter ingredients.
- Serve salmon over cooked rice or potatoes and baste with the hot butter. Sprinkle parsley on top and enjoy!
Roselle Jones says
Absolutely delicious. I used canned pumpkin as well, I didn’t have pumpkin pie filling. I added 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice to the pumpkin as someone stated in their review, and sweetness was perfect. Thank you for this simply delicious recipe.
Roselle Jones says
I commented on the wrong recipe. I prepared this one and one for pumpkin bread at the same meal . Please disregard this review. This salmon was delicious!