If you are looking for delicious and easy fettuccini, look no further! This recipe is quick and gives you such rich flavor. What I love about this recipe is it has a little subtle heat. This cuts through the richness of the pasta for extra depth of flavor. If you like fettuccini, then I know you will like this. Pair this with cooked chicken or shrimp for even more added protein.
First, in a skillet on medium to high heat, melt some butter. Throw in your grated garlic then add in your red pepper flakes and give it a stir. I like grated garlic because it practically melts in the sauce and it keeps the sauce smooth without adding any garlic chunks. Give it a stir then add Italian seasoning, a little salt and pepper. Once the seasonings are mixed in and the garlic is fragrant, (about 1 minute of cooking) pour in your heavy cream.
Bring your heavy cream to a simmer then reduce the heat. Next add freshly grated parmesan cheese. I HIGHLY recommend you hand grate fresh parmesan cheese. If you can’t that is totally fine, but the fresh version melts better in the sauce and has a more salty and nutty flavor. Once the sauce is slightly thicker, squeeze just a little lemon juice for a bit of acidity. Lastly toss in your noodles and coat generously. Optional is to garnish with some parsley and more parmesan cheese.
The Easiest Creamy and Spicy Fettuccini Alfredo
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Grated Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp Each: Italian Seasoning, Salt, and Pepper
- 2-2 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 Box Fettuccini Pasta
- In a skillet on medium to high heat. melt butter.
- Add grated garlic and Red Pepper Flakes and stir. Add your seasonings until it is all incorporated and garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in heavy cream and let it come to a simmer. Then, reduce the heat to low. Add in your parmesan cheese and stir as it incorporates into the sauce.
- Give a squeeze of a lemon (about 2 Tsp lemon juice).
- Toss in your cooked pasta until well coated. Garnish with parsley and more parmesan cheese.
- Optional is to add chicken or shrimp to it.
Leave a Reply