When it comes to sandwiches, this is by far my favorite. This was one of the first sandwich recipes I created, and I have to say, it is absolutely delicious. As a lover of Caprese, This paired with fresh steak was a game changer!
First, get yourself your favorite sandwich bread. I went to my local Chicago style deli to get some fresh baked rolls. You can use ciabatta or sourdough if you want as well. Also toasting the bread is optional!
For the steak, I seasoned with some salt and pepper and cooked it in a skillet for about 6-8 minutes a side and let it rest for 10. I like my steak medium rare to medium, so this was the perfect warm pink center. Once your steak is cooked, you can begin assembling,
On your fresh bread, add your aioli. For my aioli, I added mayo, lemon juice, salt, and paprika. Next, lay down your arugula and fresh tomatoes. Layer your sliced steak on top and add your mozzarella cheese. Melt the cheese in the toasted until it becomes nice and gooey.
Lastly, add a drizzle of balsamic glaze, and cut in half! This sandwich will become a household favorite!
The Best Savory Caprese Steak Sandwich
- 1 6Oz Steak (Cut of Choice)
- 2 Loaves Fresh Deli Bread
- Fresh Arugula
- Fresh Tomato Sliced
- Balsamic Glaze
- Fresh Slices of Mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Salt and Paprika to taste
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Add the aioli ingredients into a mixing bowl. Stir together and set aside.
- Let steak come to about room temperature before grilling or searing. Season with salt and pepper and cook in a skillet with oil on high heat for 6-8 minutes a side. Let rest for 10 minutes .
- Layer your sandwich with aioli, arugula, tomato, steak, and mozzarella cheese. Toast the open face sandwich until the cheese melts. Add drizzle of balsamic glaze.