When it comes to delicious grilled cheeses, this may bo one of my favorite! It has this delicious smoky mild spice that adds such a dimension of flavor to the sandwich. I love the tangy sourdough bread and creamy melty cheese. If you are looking to upgrade your sandwich, this is definitely the route to do it.
For this recipe, we are creating a delicious chipotle cream cheese! First, use 8oz softened cream cheese. Add 2 diced jalapeños, 2 Tbsp chopped chives, 1 Tsp garlic powder, and 1 can 4oz of chipotles. For the chipotles, I like using the whole canned chipotles and blending them by pulsing them until a thick paste. you can add 1 tsp of water to help thin it a tad. I prefer the thicker texture. Take about 2-3 tbsp of the chipotle mix and stir everything with the cream cheese until a smoky cream cheese spread.
For the bread, use your favorite. For mine, it is artisanal sourdough. Add a thin layer of mayo on the sides you will be toasting in the skillet. The mayo adds the perfect, even crisp. Spread some of that cream cheese mixture and add 2 slices of cheddar and 2 slices of pepper jack.
Toast in your skillet until each side is golden brown and the cheese is melty. Enjoy!
The BEST Melty Chipotle Grilled Cheese
Chipotle Cream Cheese
- 8 Oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 Diced Jalapeños
- 2 Tbsp Diced Chives
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Can 4 Oz Whole Canned Chipotles
- 2 Slices Sourdough Bread
- 2 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Slices Pepper Jack
- 1 Tbsp Mayo
- Blend a small can of chipotles until a thick paste. You can use a tsp of water to thin it out.
- In a bowl mix 2-3 tbsp of the chipotle paste, jalapeno, chives, garlic powder and cream cheese. Set aside.
- This batch can make up to 2-4 sandwiches.
- Take your mayo and spread on the side of the bread you are toasting.
- Spread the cream cheese and add 2 slices of cheddar and pepper jack.
- Toast in a skillet until the bread is golden brown and cheese is melty
Leave a Reply