This simple recipe is guaranteed to make any day a good day! It only takes a few ingredients to have delicious fries! Make these ahead of a party or prep them before your dinner and you can have delicious garlic parmesan fries on hand!
First, cut your russet potatoes in to 1/2 inch slices. Then we want to cut those wide slices into 1/2 inch sticks. This will be your fry! I tend to like this width, but if you want them thinner or thicker, you can. The only thing that changes is the fry time. The thinner the fry, the faster it will cook.
In a large bowl, make a cold salt water bath. We are going to soak our fries for 1-2 hours to draw out the starch. You can leave this covered on the counter or in the fridge. Give it a nice mix. Your water will appear cloudy. That is normal and okay, we want that!
Pat your fries very dry and discard the water. Next, in hot oil, fry in batches. I did 2 potatoes and for my pan, it took me 3-4 batches. You want to fry them for about 5 minutes or until the center is tender and the fries come out floppy. Carefully scoop them out and set them on a baking sheet and rack while you do the other batches. Then put the cooked fries back into the oil for another 2-3 minutes until the outside is crispy and golden brown!
In a large bowl, take your crispy fries and add melted butter, salt, paprika, grated garlic, parmesan cheese, and parsley. Toss and serve. To make the homemade ranch it is 1 cup buttermilk, to 1 cup mayo, and 1 Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning packet.
Tasty Garlic Parmesan Fries with Homemade Ranch
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 2-3 Cups Frying Oil (Canola or Vegetable)
- 1-2 Tbsp Grated Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/3-1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Packet
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch sized sticks
- Take a large bowl and fill with cold salty water. Soak fries for 1-2 hours to draw out the starch.
- Rinse fries and pat dry.
- In hot oil, fry in batches not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry for about 5 minutes or until the fries are tender but not crispy. Remove from the oil and finish cooking all of the fries. They will be floppy at this point.
- Return the fries back into the hot oil to then crisp the outside. Fry for another 2-3 minutes or until outside is golden brown.
- In a large bowl, add the crispy fries, butter, salt, paprika, garlic, parmesan, and parsley. Toss.
- Serve immediately with homemade ranch. Stir ranch ingredients into a bowl and serve.
Leave a Reply