Who doesn’t love some good sweet and spicy chicken? This recipe is extremely easy and for those looking for a fun and delicious dinner! And the best part is this takes under 30 minutes! The sweet chili and pineapple pair perfectly with the spice from the sriracha sauce!
This recipe has fresh fruit, veggies, and whole gains to make it a well balanced meal! First we need to dice our pineapple. Take your pineapple and cut in half lengthwise. You will see a pale color rectangle in the middle. That is the core of the pineapple and we DO NOT want to use that. Score your pineapple and remove the center only saving the pineapple from the sides! Make sure to leave enough room from your pineapple outside so it serves as a bowl. Use a spoon to scrape out any excess pineapple.
Next, cut up from fresh bell pepper and set aside. Dice your 2 chicken breasts. In a large bowl, add minced garlic, some cornstarch, and seasoning salt like Lawry’s.
Next, cook your chicken in oil on medium high heat until golden brown and cooked. Remove your chicken and add your bell peppers and some of the pineapple from earlier.
I used microwaveable or instant brown rice to make it a lot easier to cook the rice. Just a few minutes on the stove top and you have perfectly cooked brown rice. Add a little lime juice to the rice and pour back your chicken.
After your lime juice, add in in your sauce! I used Frank’s Sweet Chili Sauce and some sriracha for some added heat. Sprinkle some cilantro on top and serve in your pineapple bowls! You can add a little lime zest and more cilantro for a garnish.
Sweet Chili Pineapple Chicken Bowl
- 1 Cup Pineapple Diced Save the Outside to make bowls
- 2 Chicken Breasts Diced
- 1 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper Diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2-3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1-2 Tbsp Seasoning Salt or Lawry's
- 1 Pack of Ready or Instant Brown Rice or 1- 1 1/2 Cups of Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Sriracha (reduce if too spicy)
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- Cut your pineapple in half lengthwise. Scoop out the middle saving the pineapple skin as a bowl. Remove the core and save the edible pineapple. Set aside.
- Chop your bell pepper. Set aside.
- Dice your Chicken. In a large bowl, add chicken, garlic, cornstarch, and seasoning salt and stir.
- In a skillet on high heat, sauté your chicken until golden brown and cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add your bell pepper, pineapple, and brown rice to the hot skillet and turn down to medium heat.
- Cook down your veggies and rice. Then, add your cooked chicken back to the skillet. Add lime juice.
- Add your sauces and mix the chicken and rice well. Sprinkle in some of your cilantro.
- Once your rice bowl is cooked, scoop into the pineapple and top with cilantro and lime zest!