This sauce is the perfect way to dunk your favorite dippables! I love crispy fried shrimp and these shrimp taste amazing with the sauce. It is the perfect amount of sweet and spicy. You can find the full Crispy Shrimp recipe here!
The best part of this recipe is how easy it is to make. It has limited ingredients mist of which are probably in your pantry! It is so cheap to make!
First, heat your pot on medium heat. Add 1/4 cup of Chili Paste. You can use Sambal Oelek. Next, add 1/4 cup of rice vinegar, 1/4 cup sugar + 1 Tbsp of sugar, corn starch slurry ( 1 tsp cornstarch +1 tsp water mixed in a separate small bowl, and 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice. Pour in the corn starch slurry in last.
Give this mix and let it thicken. Set off the heat once the sauce is thick and let cool.
Sweet and Spicy Chili Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Chili Sauce (Sambal Oelek)
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup +1Tbsp White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tsp Water
- In a medium pot, add chili sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and orange juice.
- In a separate dish, add water and cornstarch. Give this a mix and add to the chili sauce.
- This will help thicken it. Let the sauce simmer on low until it is thickened and reduced.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!