We are mashing up a crazy recipe here! If you are looking for a fun, different, show-stopping recipe for your sushi-loving friends, then look no further! No we are not putting sushi on actual pizza, but instead, are making sushi in the shape of pizza! This is a fun different way of eating one of my personally favorite foods! This recipe is so easy it only requires an air fryer.
The first thing to do is to wash and cook your sushi rice. Use sushi rice or medium/short grain rice. I used calrose rice which is medium grain while traditional sushi rice is short grain. My store did not have the sushi rice I needed, so you can use this interchangeably.
Wash your rice 2-3x. I used about 1 cup of white rice to 1 1/4 cups of boiling water. Place your rice in the boiling water and turn the heat down to low. Add a tight lid and let steam for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, prep your ingredients! I used thinly sliced avocado and cucumber as my veggies. For my fresh fish, I used Ahi tuna and salmon. For the salmon, I diced it up and mixed it with sriracha mayo. When making any type of raw fish meal, ALWAYS ask for sushi grade fish. That means it has been flash-frozen prior to selling which means it is safe to eat raw. You can find this at more specialty markets or higher end grocery stores.
To make sriracha mayo, just do 1 part mayonnaise to 1 part sriracha. Once your rice is finished cooking, we need to get it into a pizza shape. For this, I used my air fryer basket and lightly greased it.
Place your rice into the basket. In a preheated air fryer at 390, cook your rice for about 5-6 minutes. This will very lightly air fry the rice so it holds it’s shape.
Once the rice is completed, take out and lay a sheet of Nori on top and press down. The heat and steam of the rice will help the seaweed stick to the base. Trim the edges off so it is circular. Lastly it is time to assemble! Nori side down, first lay your cucumber down then your avocado.
Next add your tuna, then top with your spicy salmon. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds and drizzle with eel sauce and sriracha mayo. To make the eel sauce, it is just 1/4 cup soy sauce, to 1/4 cup sugar, to 1/4 mirin. In a small sauce pan, add those ingredients and stir over medium heat. In a small separate bowl, add 1 tsp cornstarch to 1 tsp of water. Mix and pour into the sauce to help thicken it.
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1 1/4 Ccp Water
- 1 Ahi Tuna Filet
- 1 Salmon Filet
- 1/2 Cucumber Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Avocado Thinly Sliced
- 1 Sheet Nori
- 1/4 Cup Sriracha
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Mirin
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch + water mixed in a separate bowl
- Take 1 cup of rice and wash thoroughly.
- Boil 1 1/4 cup of water. Once the water is boiling, pour in your rice and cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Take a fork to fluff the rice when it is done.
- When the rice is done, preheat your air fryer to 390 F. Take a lightly greased air fryer basket and pat the rice into it.
- Air fry for 5-6 minutes so the rice can lightly air fry to keep it together.
- Take your rice out of the air fryer and gently press a sheet of nori on the top trimming the edges to be circular. The heat and steam from the rice will help the nori stick.
- For the eel sauce, in a sauce pan on medium heat, add the eel sauce ingredients and heat. Mix 1 tsp of cornstarch with 1 tsp of water and mix in a small separate bowl. Pour into pan and this will help thicken the sauce. .
- For the sriracha mayo, add 1/4. cup sriracha to 1/2 cup of mayo and mix.
- Chop your veggies and slice your fish. Mix the salmon with the sriracha mayo.
- Lastly, assemble to your liking. Nori side down, add your veggies then fish. Garnish with sesame seeds and eel and sriracha mayo
your mom says
It was cool to make and overall good 10/10