These egg rolls are deliciously crispy with a creamy center that will have you coming back for the whole plate! The best part of this recipe is how easy they are to make! With just a few simple ingredients, you can make these for your next get together!
The filling is so simple! First, take your cooked shrimp and chop into small pieces. In a small mixing bowl, add your 8 oz block of softened (room temp) cream cheese. To that, add in 1/4 cup of sriracha, 1/2 cup chopped scallions, 1/4 cup diced jalapeño, your chopped shrimp, a pinch of salt, and 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Give this a good mix until everything is combined! Next, take your egg roll wrappers and place in a diamond shape, not the square side. You want one of the corners pointing up. Spoon the mixture into the wrapper carefully not over stuffing. I found about 2 tbsp was about the max.
Gently fold in the edges and roll upwards. Before sealing the egg roll, wet the outer corner so when you roll it, it will seal completely. Fry these in oil on medium to high heat. You do not want the oil to be on the hottest setting for the outside will burn before the whole egg roll is cooked, but you want it to be warm enough to start to bubble when you drop in the egg roll.
Fry these until golden brown and crispy about 5 minutes. Take them out and serve with your favorite sweet chili sauce!
Spicy Shrimp and Jalapeño Egg Rolls
- 8-12 Egg Roll Wrappers
- 2 Cups Veggie Oil
- 1 Tbsp Water
Spicy Shrimp Filling
- 1 Cup Diced Cooked and Cooled Shrimp
- 8 Oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Scallion
- 1/4 Cup Sriracha
- 1/4 Cup Diced Jalapeno
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Place filling ingredients into a mixing bowl and thoroughly mix together.
- Place wonton wrapper on counter or plate point side up to make a diamond.
- Place filling 2/3 the way down about 2 tbsp worth.
- Gently fold the bottom corner up first, then bring in the two side pieces. Roll up half way.
- Take your finger and wet it in the water and line the edges of the top fold. Continue rolling the egg roll all the way up. The water will help seal it.
- Fry the egg rolls in medium to high heat oil for about 5 minutes each.
- Serve with desired sauce, I used sweet chili sauce.