It is no question salmon is my favorite fish, so I needed to share my sweet and spicy take on a classic! This is my spicy honey glazed salmon recipe that will be perfect for your next dinner!
My absolute favorite fish is salmon. It has such a rich flavor that pairs with so many different sauces. Today, I was feeling Asian flavors, so I wanted to create a yummy and spicy glaze. The best part about this recipe is how easy it was to make. To make my sauce, I added soy sauce, red pepper flakes, sriracha, chili-infused honey, and garlic powder to add a wonderful umami spice to my sauce.
I cooked the salmon in a nonstick skillet and when they were almost done is when I put in the sauce. This insured I did not burn the sauce or the fish, but still gave it a nice coating. I flipped my salmon in the pan one more time before I took it off the heat. In total, I cooked my salmon for about 10-12 minutes. This went so well with rice and veggies. While I used this sauce on salmon, it would also pair really nicely with shrimp, chicken, and even beef. It is my go-to simple, Asian style sauce that gives you just the right amount of sweet heat!
Spicy Honey Glazed Salmon
- Salmon filets
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha or add more to your liking
- 2 tbsp chili infused honey regular honey works well, I liked the added spice!
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- You can marinate your salmon in this mixture prior to cooking as well, up to 4 hours.
- Sear salmon meat side down and cook for 5 minutes on medium to high heat.
- Flip over and brush on glaze.
- Glaze will reduce in the pan, allowing you to baste the salmon filets.
- Once salmon is cooked, serve on a bed of rice and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- You can save the sauce left over from the pan for serving too!