When it comes to the holidays, sides are such an important part of the meal. One of the best is corn, but I wanted to create a dish that was full of flavor, creamy, and cheesy! This loaded corn casserole hits all those boxes and more! It has sublet spice and the bacon really shines through. Make this for your holiday gathering and your guests are going to love this dish!
For the corn base, first add your heavy cream to a pot and add sugar, and butter. We are going to make this into a thick roux. The easiest way I found to do this is by creating a flour slurry. Mix some flour with the water until it is combined into a thick puree consistency. Then add this to your heated heavy cream. This will thicken up the base. Next, add the veggies together in the roux. You can add seasonings of your liking. I used salt, pepper, and paprika.
Next, once the mixture has mildly cooled, pour in your mixed eggs. If it is too hot, the eggs will cook. Pour this casserole into an oven safe dish sprinkle in cheese to mix in. Then striking on the top. Oven bake this at 375 for 45-55 minutes or until casserole base has set and the cheese is melty.
Spicy and Loaded Oven-Baked Holiday Corn Casserole
- 1 Diced Jalapeño
- 1/2 Diced White Onion
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Cans Corn
- 2 Cups Cheese 1 Cup Mozzarella 1 Cup Cheddar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Bacon
- Dice your veggies. Set aside.
- To a sauce pan on medium heat, add heavy cream, milk, sugar and butter.
- To make it thicker, in a separate bowl, whisk 1/4 cup water and flour together until it is a thick paste. Pour this into your cream mixture. It will thicken this.
- Add your veggies to this base and mix well. Season to your liking, I used salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pour this into a greased oven-safe dish. Sprinkle in half your cheese and mix into the corn casserole. Add your chopped bacon. Top with cheese and bake at 375 for 45-55 minutes
- Top with Chives
Leave a Reply