This recipe is going to elevate your breakfast in such an easy way. I absolutely love smoked salmon, in fact it is my favorite to eat at breakfast. But I also love hash browns, so why not combine them??
To start, make a dill and chive cream cheese spread. This adds so much flavor to the dish.
Take your softened cream cheese and add 1/4 cup dill and 1/4 cup chives. Squeeze 1/2 lemon and add a little salt. Give this a good mix and set aside.
Cooking the hash brown is pretty easy. This recipe is great for any breakfast lover! If you like hash browns like me, then this is for you!
In a skillet on medium to high heat add 1 tbsp of butter. Add your hash browns and gently press together. We want the hash browns to cook as one large circular hash brown, so do not mix them. Let the bottom cook together.
When it is time to flip, take a plate and cover the pan. We are going to flip the hash brown onto the plate then slide it back in on the uncooked side. This method is good for anyone that is afraid they may break their hash brown flipping in the air. I certainly cannot do that.
When your hash brown is on the plate, add your 2nd tbsp of butter. Cook the hash brown until golden brown on each side and remove from the skillet. Let this cool for just a couple of minutes.
Lastly, it is time to assemble. Add your cream cheese spread. Top off with thinly sliced cucumbers, and smoked salmon.
Drizzle some pesto. This can be store bought or homemade. Sprinkle with some micro greens and garnish with a little tomato and enjoy!
Smoked Salmon Hash Brown
Dill and Chive Cream Cheese
- 8 Oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Dill
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Chives
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Frozen Hash brown
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Mini Cucumber Sliced Thin
- Mini Tomatoes Quartered
- Micro Greens
- Smoked Salmon
- 2 Tbsp Pesto (Homemade or Store Bought)
- In a mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, dill, chives, lemon juice, and salt. Mix until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet on medium to high heat, add 1 tbsp of butter.
- Sprinkle in your hash browns until they cover the bottom of the pan. Gently press together to get one large circular shape. Do NOT mix / stir them.
- You want one whole hash brown, not a broken up section. Check the bottom to see if it has started browning. Gently swirl the pan to see if the hash brown moves as one.
- If it does, it is time to flip. Take a plate the size of the pan and cover the pan. Taking your hand to hold the bottom of the plate, flip the hash brown out of the pan and onto the plate.
- The brown side of the hash brown should be facing up. Now slide the uncooked side of the hash brown back into the skillet after adding 1 tbsp of butter.
- Continue cooking. When the hash brown is done, take it off the skillet and onto a plate. Let is cool for a couple of minutes.
- Top your hash brown with your cream cheese, cucumber, salmon, pesto, micro greens and tomatoes!
Leave a Reply