This easy weeknight dinner is bound to be a hit! The creamy lemon pepper sauce is the perfect way to amp up your chicken! There is the perfect amount of acidity with the lemon and spice from the pepper!
This recipe is very simple and only requires one pan! First, take your flour and season it. You can use any seasoning and amount desired, but I used 1 tbsp of each of the following: garlic powder, dried parsley, chicken seasoning or bouillon, and paprika. I used 2 tbsp of pepper. Add your seasonings into your flour mixture and mix.
Carefully butterfly and pound out your chicken breasts. I used 3 chicken breasts for this recipe because I had a larger pan. These are large chicken breasts, you some of them you can easily split in half for a portion. Lightly dredge or dip your chicken into the flour mixture.
In a skillet on medium to high heat, add 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of oil. Cook your chicken until each side is golden brown and the internal temperature hits 165 F. This took about 8 minutes a side! We will also be simmering the chicken in the sauce so it can cook a little longer if it is not quite done.
Lemon Pepper Sauce
Remove your chicken from the pan and immediately add your chopped garlic and onion. Sauté until fragrant about 30 seconds and deglaze with your chicken stock, and lemon juice. Turn the heat down to low for about a minute to let simmer.
Add your heavy cream. Sprinkle in more pepper to your liking and zest of a whole lemon. If your sauce IS NOT thick to your liking, add a little cornstarch mixed with water and pour it in, 1 tsp to 1 tsp. This will thicken the sauce if you want it.
Add your chicken back into the pan and let sit for a minute. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon! Enjoy!
Saucy Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts
- 3 Chicken Breasts Butterflied and Thinned
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Each: Chicken Bouillon, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Dried Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 Cup Flour I used Gluten Free
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Onion Minced
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- Optional: 1 tsp cornstarch mixed in 1 tsp water Thicken sauce
- Butterfly and thin out your chicken breasts.
- Add seasonings to your flour and mix.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
- In a pan on medium to high heat, add 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Cook your chicken until golden brown and internal temp reaches about 165. (165 is when chicken is fully cooked) We will be putting the chicken back to cook if your chicken is slightly lower.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add your garlic and onion. Sauté until fragrant about 30 seconds. Deglaze your pan with chicken broth and lemon juice
- Reduce the heat to low and add your heavy cream. Thoroughly mix your sauce together.
- Zest your lemon and add your pepper to the sauce and return the chicken to the pan. You can let this simmer on low until your chicken is fully cooked. Or toss in your chicken and immediately serve.
- If you want a thick sauce, mix 1 tsp of water with 1 tsp of cornstarch in a separate bowl and pour into the sauce. It will help thicken it.
- Garnish with parsley and some fresh lemon and enjoy!