When it comes to cozy food, chili has to be my favorite. I remember as a small girl the excitement I got when it was chili night and I could honestly eat chili way too often. I have had different variations of chili throughout the years, and my favorite spinoff has to be chicken chili. It feels a bit lighter which I love. However every recipe uses shredded chicken. I prefer my chicken to all be able to fit on the spoon and be one consistent bite. This recipe uses ground chicken, but you can definitely use shredded chicken If you want. This recipe is high protein with over 100 g of protein in the entire pot and 2 g of fat total! Enjoy this mild or spicy!
First, you need to chop your veggies. In this recipe I used 1/2 white onion. 3 cloves of garlic, 1 poblano pepper, and 2 jalapeños. I left the seeds for extra spice, but you can de-seed them. In your large pot with coconut oil, sauté your veggies and corn for about 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender.
Next, add 2 lbs of ground chicken. I used a high protein low fat ground chicken or 97/3%. Add in your spices and mix your chicken with your sautéed veggies. For the seasonings, I used 1 tsp each of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, cumin, and Italian Seasoning. Mix well.
Next, add all of your canned beans. The cans are 1 can garbanzo beans and 1 can Northern White Beans. Stir to combine. After you add your beans, pour in 16 oz, of bone broth. This has 32 g of protein in the broth alone! Let this simmer until the veggies are tender. P.S this makes amazing left overs! You can leave this simmering up to 30 minutes.
Finally, remove the chili from the heat and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Once your chili has cooled slightly, use 1 non-fat plain greek yogurt and mix it in. If the chili is too hot, then the yogurt may separate. This makes the chili creamy and delicious. Lastly, top with your favorite toppings. I used avocado, jalapeño, more Greek yogurt, and pickled onions!
One Pot Easy Creamy Green Pepper Chicken Chili
- 2 Lbs Ground Chicken
- 1/2 Diced White Onion
- 1 Diced Poblano Pepper
- 2 Diced Jalapeños (With or Without Seeds)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Can Northern White Beans
- 1 Tsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Chili Powder, Cumin, Italian Seasoning
- 16 Oz Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- Pickled Onion
- Dice your white onion, garlic, poblano pepper, corn and jalapeño. In a large pot, sauté your veggies for 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add your ground chicken and seasonings. Break up the chicken and let it sear. While the chicken and veggies are sautéing, add in your beans. Stir everything together.
- Pour in your bone broth and let your chili simmer on low until veggies are fully cooked. You can let this simmer up to 1 hour but it can be done in 10-15.
- Remove the chili from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes. Next, add 1 cup of non-fat Greek Yogurt. It the soup is simmering and you add the yogurt, it may separate. The yogurt makes it creamy!
- Pour into a bowl and serve immediately. It can be garnished with anything you like!
Leave a Reply