One of my favorite chicken combinations has to be chicken and mushrooms. They earthiness of the mushrooms compliments the chicken perfectly. I am all abut amazing dinners that are easy and delicious! For this recipe, you only need a few ingredients and a pan to make a savory dinner perfect for 2!
First, take your chicken breasts and season with your preferred seasoning. I used Tony’s Cajun seasoning, but you can also do a blend of salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder as a simple substitute.
Take your seasoned chicken breasts and add the to a hot oiled nonstick skillet. Cook your chicken breasts until they are done and remove them from the pan. Leave all of the cooked bits as we want to use that flavor from the pan!
In the same skillet, add your chopped garlic and shallot and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Then, add your mushrooms. Start to get those nice and brown before we add our liquids.
Add 1/2 cup white wine to the skillet. If you don’t have wine, add chicken broth! Stir this around and then add your 1 cup of heavy cream. Stir the mixture around and add 3/4-1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese. This will help thicken the sauce.
Let this simmer and become thicker, and add a squeeze of lemon juice. If you notice your sauce is just not thick enough, take a small bowl and add 1 tsp corn starch to 1 tsp of water. Mix that together and pour into your sauce. Corn starch is a super easy way to help thicken sauces. You may not need this part, but if your sauce is really thin, this helps! You can also add more cheese!
Pour your sauce over your chicken and garnish with a little chopped parsley and enjoy!
One Pan Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tbsp Tony’s Cajun Seasoning Or 1 Tsp Each of seasoning of your choice (Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Onion and Garlic Powder)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup White Wine or Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4-1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Lemon (Juiced)
- Chopped Parsley
- Optional 1 Tsp Cornstarch +1 Tsp Water Mixed into a small bowl (Slurry)
- Season your chicken with your preferred seasoning.
- In a medium to hot skillet, cook your chicken breasts.
- Once they are done, remove from the pan. Keep all of the cooked bits for flavor.
- Add your butter and garlic and shallots.
- Cook until fragrant 1-2 minutes
- Add your mushrooms and sauté until a slight golden brown color.
- Next, pour 1/2 cup of cooking wine into the pan. You can use chicken broth to substitute as well
- Slowly add 1 cup of heavy cream into the pan.
- Give this all a good mix until it is all combined.
- Toss in your 3/4-1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese and stir. This will help thicken the sauce.
- Squeeze your 1/2 lemon juice into your creamy sauce and give it a stir.
- If you notice your sauce is just not thick enough, take a small bowl and add 1 tsp corn starch to 1 tsp of water. Mix that together and pour into your sauce. Once3 your Sauce is thick, pour it over your chicken and garnish with parsley.