The king of all kings is here! This lobster twice baked potato is going to transport you to a world of decadence and soul food. Why not combine two of the greatest foods together? We have herb butter broiled lobster sitting on top of a loaded twice baked potato! We are not playing games here!
One of my favorite forms of potato is twice baked. You get the flavor of a loaded baked potato, but it is baked into it. It may take a little more time than a normal baked potato, but the outcome is WORTH it. I learned how to do a twice baked potato when I was younger, so this recipe has followed me for a while. First, you want to bake your potatoes as normal. This takes about 40 minutes. Then you want to carefully hollow out your potato leaving about 1 cm width of skin all around. Once you have collected the hollowed out part of the potato, you will proceed by making loaded mashed potatoes!
For my loaded mashed potatoes, I add butter, sour cream, bacon, cheddar, green onion, salt and pepper. I want these LOADED! Once you have your ingredients in the bowl, mash. That is the fun part. Then, we are going to restful our potatoes with the mixture.
Typically, you restuff and rebake your potatoes. So once we restuff, we will put back into the oven at 450 for a few minutes. We will be broiling out lobster tails on the top rack, and these at the bottom. We will keep a close eye on the lobster tails as they may take 5-10 minutes depending on the size. If you are concerned on temperatures, you can cook at a slightly lower temp for longer. For the lobster, make sure to baste with garlic herb butter. Save some for when they come out!
Once your lobster tails are done, take out your potatoes. Carefully place the tail on the potato and baste with more garlic herb butter. This is the definition of rich and savory. You can totally impress anyone when you whip these up!
Lobster Twice Baked Potato
- 2 Russet potatoes
- 2 lobster tails
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon
- Fresh chives
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Poke a few small holes in potato and gently oil them.
- Bake potatoes either in the oven 400 for 40-45 minutes or until knife tender.
- Take out and let cool.
- Once cooled, very carefully scoop out the insides leaving about 1/2 between the skin and hollowed area.
- Take the insides of the potato and mash.
- Add 2 tbsp butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, chives, and seasonings.
- Restuff the potatoes with the filling.
- Rebake until cheese is melted.
- Around 15 -20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take the lobster meat out of the shell and baste with butter, garlic powder, and dried parsley.
- Broil for about 6-10 minutes depending on the ounces.
- Remove from oven.
- Place lobster on top of the potato and brush with garlic butter and enjoy!
Leave a Reply