There is no doubt that pesto is my favorite pairing with pasta. The freshness of the basil brightens the entire dish. What I love about this recipe is that you get the amazing flavors of pesto with some extra veggies. This adds more nutrients to the dish and even makes it creamier and more delicious!
This recipe is so easy and within minutes you will have amazing pesto! In a skillet on medium to high heat, cook down your kale until it is tender. Once it is soft, add it to the blender with basil, 1/2 avocado, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, pine nuts, and some lemon juice.
Blend this until everything is incorporated together.
In a separate pot, cook your pasta until the tortellinis are tender. Toss in your pasta with the pesto. Mix them together until well combined. Add 1/4 cup of heavy cream and stir. The heavy cream makes it creamy but is optional if you don’t want it!
Some optional toppings are basil, red pepper flakes, and parmesan cheese!
Kale and Avocado Pesto Tortellini
- 1 Cup Kale
- 1 Cup Pesto
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- 1/4-1/2 Cups Olive Oil Add extra oil 1 tbsp at a time if too thick.
- 2 Cups Tortellini
- in a skillet on medium to high heat, wilt your kale. This takes a couple of minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, add you kale, basil, avocado, olive oil, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and lemon juice.
- Cook your tortellini and toss in your pesto. Add 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- Give it a stir and top with basil, parmesan cheese, and red pepper flake.
Absolutely amazing! So creamy and flavorful! The recipe was straight forward and easy to follow as well