When it comes to pasta salads, this has to be my most popular recipe! Every time I make this salad, it is cleared out before the party! I love the freshness of the vegetables and mild tang from the feta! Salads do not have to be boring, and this is a perfect way to get in your veggies! Make this at your next summer party for then best and most refreshing salad out there!
First cook your orzo. Set aside to cool. You want this to be a cold salad, so giving it time rest in the refrigerator is important. While your pasta is cooling, you can start on your veggies. I loved the crisp bite of crunchy asparagus, so steam yours just until the color is bright green. Then throw in an ice bath. Only steam for about 2-3 minutes. Dice up your vegetables any way you want. I used the following: asparagus, tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, red onion, and sun dried tomatoes. Finally add your crumbled feta. I used a sheep’s milk one for an extra tang.
For the lemon basil dressing add the juice 1 lemon. Next add EVO, white wine vinegar, honey, salt. and 3 cloves garlic. Pour this into your blender and blend on high! Pour your dressing into a bowl and whisk in hand cut basil and some cracked black pepper. Drizzle this dressing over your salad and enjoy!
- One box orzo pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup kalamata olive sliced
- 8 oz feta cheese
Lemon Basil Dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic
- pinch of salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 cup of fresh basil chopped
- Cook your orzo per the instructions on the box. Let cool and refrigerate.
- Steam your chopped asparagus for about 2-3 minutes until a bright green color then submerge cooked asparagus into an ice bath to retain the color.
- Chop your veggies. Pour into the orzo and add crumbled feta
- For your dressing, add lemon juice, EVO, White wine vinegar, honey, salt, and garlic into a blender. Once blended, remove from blender and add cracked black pepper and freshly chopped basil.
- Toss everything together and enjoy!