Upgrade your grilled corn with this extremely easy and flavorful butter. This will have your diving for seconds and even thirds! You can make this butter over a grill or even a stove top!
This recipe only requires a few ingredients and the best part is you can save the butter and reuse it in all kinds of recipes! First, take your corn and peel away the husk. You can chop it off if you do not want it, but I left mine on. Over medium direct heat, place your buttered corn on top of your grill.
While your corn is grilling, place a cast iron on your grill. Again this also can be done over the stove top! Melt on low to medium heat 8 quarter sticks of butter, or 2 cups. Once your butter is melted, add in your garlic, jalapeño, and seasonings.
My seasoning blend included: Tony’s Cajun and Creole Seasoning, Old Bay, and paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and onion powder. Give this a good mix until the seasonings and the butter incorporate nicely.
Finally, baste your corn in the delicious butter and enjoy! I removed my butter from the heat and let it cool down just enough to where it was still pourable but not hot to the touch. I poured it into a mason jar and have it in the fridge. This butter is good for up to 2-3 weeks in the fridge or you can freeze it up to 6 months.
Flavorful Grilled Corn with Spicy Cajun Butter
- Corn on the Cobb
- 8 Sticks Unsalted Butter (2 Cups)
- 1/4 Cup Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Finely Diced Jalapeno
- 1 Tbsp Each: Tony's Cajun and Creole Seasoning, Old Bay, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder, Onion Powder.
- Heat your grill to medium heat.
- Lightly butter your corn and place on direct medium heat.
- Place cast iron on the grill (this can be done on a stove on medium heat).
- Melt 8 sticks of butter.
- Add minced garlic, jalapeño, and seasonings to the butter. Stir until combined.
- Baste corn in butter. You can baste, throw back on the grill for 2 minutes, and rebaste; or baste at the end.
Leave a Reply