Mac and cheese can be flavorful, cheesy, and contain healthy veggies! This recipe takes your ordinary Mac and cheese and adds a ton of flavor with limited ingredients! Enjoy creamy and cheesy pasta that is so good you can’t take just one bite!
First steam your broccoli and cook your pasta. While those are cooking, you can work on your sauce!
First, grate some garlic and onion, about 1 tbsp each. I like to grate them for a finer texture that does not make the sauce lumpy. Next, add 1 tbsp of butter on medium to high heat and toss in your garlic and onion.
Give this a stir and add your seasoning blend. Pour in your chicken broth to incorporate the seasonings and the garlic and onion. This can be substituted for veggie broth, but I just like the savoriness of the chicken broth.
Add in 1 cup of heavy cream and reduce the heat to low. Stir this together for about 1 minute before you add in your cheese. Next, toss in your cheese mixture and stir on low heat.
Finally add your broccoli and pasta and mix together in the cheesy sauce! Serve this immediately and enjoy!
Flavorful Broccoli Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- 3 Cups Dry Pasta (I used Shells)
- 4.5 Cups Cheese (Mozzarella, Cheddar, Colby Jack)
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 Tbsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flake, Bouillon, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Each: Grated Garlic and Onion
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth (can substitute Veggie)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Steamed Broccoli
- Grate your block cheeses until you have about 4.5 cups of cheese.
- In a small pot, steam your broccoli and set aside. Steam for about 7 minutes.
- Boil your pasta and cook until al dente.
- In a small bowl grate garlic and onion.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to a skillet on medium to high heat.
- Add your grated garlic and onion and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Toss in your seasoning blend and mix.
- Pour in your chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Reduce heat to low and let sit for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add your grated cheese and parmesan. Stir until cheese is fully incorporated and sauce is thick.
- Toss in your steamed broccoli and cooked pasta. Stir together and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply