Something about Korean BBQ has my heart. I absolutely love the flavor of the meat with the rich sweet and savory soy glaze. So why not make it at home and have juicy tender ribs?
This recipe is super simple and only requires you to really put the sauce together. First, use beef ribs. Pork is an okay substitute, but I think beef has the best taste! On the back side of the ribs is a membrane and fat layer. You will want to take this off. It helps with the meat being fall off the bone and it can get difficult to chew.
Simply and carefully run a knife under that layer and gently loosen it from the meat and bone. Then, pull it up. Once that is done, season your ribs with some olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and onion. powder, and paprika. Bake for 1 hour at 250.
Meanwhile, to make the sauce, in a small sauce pot, add soy (Dark or regular or both), rice vinegar, Samal Oelek chili paste, Gojujang paste, ginger, and brown sugar together and mix. Let it come to a simmer and then turn off the heat and let is cool.
After 1 hour, baste the ribs. Put them back into the oven for another hour, take out and rebate. Cook for 1 more hour. The sauce is a dark color, so if you are worried about burning, you can cover with foil. Take out, add any more bbq sauce, sesame seeds, and green onions!
Easy Tender Oven Baked Korean Barbecue Ribs
- 2 Racks Beef Ribs
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Onion Powder, Paprika
Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce Or 1/4 Cup Regular Soy and 1/4 Cup Dark Soy
- 1 Tbsp Chili Paste Samal Oelek
- 1 Heaping Tbsp Gojuchang Paste (Korean Chili Paste
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- Sesame Seeds
- Green Onion
- Remove the membrane and fat layer off the back of the ribs bye gently running your knife under the layer and pulling away from the meat and bones.
- Season ribs with olive oil and seasonings and bake for 1 hour at 250.
- To make your sauce, add sauce ingredients into a pot and let it come to a simmer. Then remove from heat and let it set, it will get thicker.
- Remove ribs after 1 hour and baste with the bbq sauce. Put in the oven for another hour.
- Remove ribs again and re-baste. Bake for 1 more hour then remove.
- Add any left over bbq sauce and sesame seeds and green onion. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Leave a Reply