If you are looking for a flavorful chicken recipe, this is the one for you! It is so easy to make and extremely flavorful! Add your need is one pan to make this whole dish. Enjoy this Korean inspired sweet heat!
First, dice up 2 large chicken breasts. I find this recipe feeds about 4 if your chicken breast is large enough. Place your diced chicken into a mixing bowl, and add 1/3 cup cornstarch, and 1 tbsp of each: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, and Chili Powder. Mix thoroughly until the coating is evenly distributed on the chicken.
Heat up a skillet on high heat with 1/2 cup of oil. Sauté the chicken until it is cooked and golden brown. Remove the chicken and drain 3/4th of the oil out of the pan. To the same skillet, add 1 tbsp minced garlic. Add 1 heaping tbsp of Gojuchang Korean Chili Paste. (You can buy that here!)
Add soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar and red pepper flake. Once the sauce is thick, add the chicken back into the pan and coat evenly. In a bowl with white rice, place chicken on top. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds!
Easy Sweet and Spicy Garlic Honey Korean Chicken
- 2-3 Large Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Each: Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, Paprika
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Green Onion
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Heaping Tbsp Gojuchang Korean Chili paste
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- Dice chicken.
- Place into a mixing bowl and add seasonings and cornstarch. Coat chicken evenly.
- In a large skillet, heat up oil. Sauté chicken in oil until golden brown and cooked. Remove from heat and drain 3/4th of the oil.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic, chili paste, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and red pepper flake.
- Mix until sauce is thick. Toss chicken back in until evenly coated.
- Serve chicken over white rice and garnish with green onion and sesame seeds!
Leave a Reply