When it comes to a delicious appetizer that has multiple layers of flavor, this is it! The sweet blueberries paired with delicious goat cheese, honey, and rosemary make this recipe easy to make and a crowd-pleaser! I love serving this as a star on a meat and cheese board or as an appetizer on its own!
FIrst, add 2 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries in a mixing bowl. Next add 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 2 heaping tbsp of cornstarch, 1 tbsp of minced rosemary, and 1 heaping tbsp of lemon zest.
Mix well. The sugar and cornstarch will dust the blueberries. Now, take your two premade pie crusts and roll them out. I split half the mixture and pour it in the middle of both. Carefully fold the sides over each other like a pleat all the way around the blueberry center making sure that the crust does not have any holes in it.
Brush the pie crust with an egg wash and bake at 385 for about 20-25 minutes until pie crust is beginning to turn golden brown and the filling is becoming juicy. If the crust is darkening too fast, then remove from oven. Sprinkle with fresh goat cheese then put back into the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and add fresh rosemary, and drizzle honey. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve!
Easy Sweet and Savory Blueberry Galette
- 2 1/2 Cups Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Minced Rosemary
- 2 Refrigerated Premade Pie Crusts
- 1/3 Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Fresh Rosemary for Garnish
- Drizzle of Honey
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1 Tbsp Water
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the blueberry filling.
- Let your premade pie crusts come to room temperature.
- Add your filling to the middle of the pie crust and fold your piecrust over each other on the edges creating pleats.
- Brush with the egg wash and bake at 385F for 20-25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and inside is becoming juicy. Remove from oven and add crumbled goat cheese. Bake for 10 minutes .
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Add fresh rosemary and a drizzle of honey.