Summertime is here, which means macaroni salad is making its yearly debut! I absolutely devour macaroni salad every time someone brings it to the cookout. I wanted to find a way to combine my favorite summer treat (Lobster rolls) and combine it with the creamy delicious taste of macaroni salad.
This recipe is extremely easy and only takes a few minutes to make. In one pot, boil your macaroni to aldente. Next, in a steamer, put your two lobster tails in and steam for about 8-9 minutes or until the shell turns bright red. When your pasta and shells are done, let cool. This will be a cold macaroni salad.
Once your pasta is cool, remove from the fridge and add the following, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 3-4 stalks diced celery, juice of 1 lemon, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar. 1/4 cup chives, 1 tbsp each of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well. When your lobster is cooled, dice and fold into the salad.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions. Let cool.
- Steam your lobster tails for about 8-9 minutes or until the shell is red
- Cool your lobster, then remove from shell and dice
- Add everything and mix into the pasta. Zest with lemon and serve.
- 2 (4oz) Lobster Tails
- 1 box macaroni
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 stalks diced celery
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 tbsp each of salt, pepper, and garlic powder