What to serve something festive and easy on St. Patty’s Day? Look no further! This super simple recipe is a fun and creative way to have a well rounded breakfast, and it is great for all ages.
First, we want to get a green bell pepper that has 4 edges, not 3. This will be our “mold” for our cooked eggs. We are going to slice up our pepper in thin 1 cm rings. This looks like the outline of a 4 leaf clover.
Next, we want to butter and toast our bread. I used sourdough, but you can use any bread of your preference. I toasted mine in a skillet, but you can also use your toaster!
In a skillet on medium heat, take your pepper rings and put them in the buttered pan. Crack your eggs and let cook. It is best that this is a nonstick pan. I found that my eggs were a little too big for the pepper, so I cut the excess egg off and saved it for myself later! Let these cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Halfway through the cook, I covered the pan with a lid.
Once the eggs are done, take your toast and add your smashed avocado. Top it with your egg clovers and some red pepper flakes!
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Avocado Toast
- 4 Eggs
- 1 4 Sided Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Smashed Avocado
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 slices Bread of Choice
- Red Pepper Flake optional
- Slice your pepper in about 1 cm thick slices.
- Next butter and toast your bread until your desired doneness.
- In a skillet on medium heat, place 1 tbsp of butter into a pan and place your pepper rings. Carefully crack your egg into the ring so they can cook together. You can cut away any egg that spills over after the egg has set. Let cook for about 5 minutes for an over easy/sunnyside up egg. Halfway through, add a lid. Cook longer for a more done egg.
- Add your smashed avocado to your toast and top with the egg clovers. For a little more spice, add some red pepper flake and enjoy!