When it comes to delicious pasta recipe ideas, I have you covered! This easy weeknight dinner is fun, spicy, and very creamy. It has the perfect balance of savory heat with gooey cheese! The best part is this recipe only has a few ingredients and takes under 20 minutes. Feed the whole family in one easy recipe. Side note, this recipe can be gluten friendly by using gluten free pasta!
First, slice your onion, jalapeño and bell peppers length wise. We are mimicking a sizzling fajita platter with the hot veggies. We are going to sauté this in oil on medium to high heat. I left the seeds in my jalapeños because I like the extra heat, but you can remove them. Once the veggies have cooked about 2 minutes, add your minced garlic. Give everything a stir. Toss in your shrimp. For the seasonings, you can either use a pre-made seasoning packet that is fajita flavor or 1/2 Tsp each of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and cumin.
Stir everything until seasonings are well combined. Next pour in 2 cups of heavy cream. Mix and let this simmer together. Once it starts to simmer, reduce the heat to low and add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella. When the sauce is thick, toss in your cooked pasta.
Next turn off the heat and stir everything. Lastly, add 1 more cup of shredded mozzarella and stir. Serve immediately. For garnish, you can sprinkle some red pepper flakes for added heat and a bit of chopped cilantro. This makes the perfect dinner and great leftovers for lunch! This stores up to 4 days in the fridge.
Easy, Spicy and Creamy Shrimp Fajita Pasta
- 6-8 Oz Penne Pasta Can Be Gluten Free Pasta
- 1/2 White Onion Sliced
- 1/2 Red, Yellow, and Orange Bell Pepper Sliced
- 2 Jalapeños Sliced (With or Without Seeds)
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Lb Raw Shrimp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Packet Fajita Seasoning or 1/2 Tsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Chili Powder, and Cumin
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozarella
- Red Chili Flakes and Cilantro as Garnish
- Sauté your sliced onion, jalapeños, and bell pepper on medium to high heat in oil. After cooking for about 2 minutes, add your minced garlic and stir.
- Toss in your shrimp and seasonings and sauté until veggies are tender.
- Add tomato paste and stir into the shrimp and veggies. Add 2 cups of heavy cream and stir. Let this come to a simmer then reduce the heat.
- Toss in 1 cup of the shredded cheese to slightly thicken the sauce.
- Once the cheese is incorporated, add your cooked pasta and coat with the sauce. Turn off the heat and then add the remaining 1 cup of cheese and mix.
- Serve immediately. Optional garnish with red chili flakes and cilantro.