Make Thanksgiving easy with this oven-baked Turkey Roulade. I know that the grocery store will be pricier than usual, so do not stress about quality or flavor just because of the price. Turkey Roulade is a stuffed turkey breast. You would be amazed at how much one stuffed turkey breast can feed. I fed 4-6 people off this one breast with sides. This turkey hack saves money and time so you can have the table ready by dinner! This recipe is easy, and takes less than 2 hours total cook time! That is way better than 6!
First, make the stuffing of your choice! For this one, I used a simple box stuffing and followed the directions on the box. To doll it up, I added some celery, carrots, onion, sage and rosemary for extra herbaceous flavor! I made it and set it aside to cool a bit. This will be rolled in our turkey!
For the turkey breast, you want one with the skin. I like to use the skin to get extra crispy texture. First, carefully remove the skin of the breast without breaking it. You will want to reuse this. Next, just butterfly your breast. You want to pound it down to 1/2 inch thick. This will insure that it will cook evenly and more quickly.
Once you have your flattened breast, add your stuffing. For my breast, I used about 1 cup of stuffing. Carefully roll the turkey until it is a tubular shape filled with stuffing. Gently spread the skin evenly over the top. Next, use cooking twine to tie up your roulade so it cooks in an even shape. Marinate the outside with the following: Heinz 57, Worchestershire Sauce, Olive Oil, and salt and pepper. Gently brush on the turkey and skin. Garnish with thyme and place in an oven-safe dish with chicken stock, onion, carrots, and celery.
Bake at 375F for 45 minutes. Remove, and baste. Place back in the oven for another 20-30 minutes. If the top gets too dark too quickly, place some foil over the top. Serve with gravy and cranberry sauce!
Easy Oven Baked Turkey Roulade with Sage Stuffing
- 1 Turkey Breast with Skin On
- Stalk Celery (Roughly Chopped for Baking)
- 1 Carrot (Roughly Chopped for Baking)
- 1/2 White Onion (Quartered for Baking)
- Box Stuffing (Follow Instructions)
- 1/2 White Onion
- 2 Diced Carrots
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Rosemary and Sage
- 1 Tbsp Heinz 57
- 1 Tbsp Worchestersire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Cook stuffing according to box instructions. You can add some aromatic veggies and herbs to make your stuffing more flavorful.
- Carefully remove skin from the turkey breast. Save the skin and set aside. Thin our turkey breast by butterflying it and pounding it to 1/2 inch thick.
- Spoon in your stuffing and carefully roll the turkey. Gently place your skin over the turkey roulade and use cooking twine to hold everything in place.
- Combine marinade ingredients and brush on the turkey. Garnish with some thyme and bake in a dish with onions, garlic, carrot and celery with some broth.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes, remove from oven and baste. Put back in over for another 20-30 minutes. If turkey skin darkens too quickly, place some foil over it.
- Serve with gravy and cranberry sauce!
Leave a Reply