The holidays are perfect for sweet sticky buns. I personally love the small sweet rolls with the crunchy pecans. There is something about the warm cinnamon flavor with the sweet caramel that makes these irresistible. Enjoy these as is, or even warmed with ice cream. My version takes the best of both worlds and combines these rolls with spiced apples. I have never made something so tasty! The best part of this recipe is these can be made with pre-bought dough. So this is easy to make!
First, we need to make the apple topping. In a small sauce pan, add your 2 chopped apples. I like to use Honeycrisp apples because of their perfectly sweet and tangy taste. Next, Add 1 heaping tablespoon of brown sugar, 2 tbsp of butter, 1/2 tbsp white sugar, and 1 tsp of ground cinnamon. Let the apples break down and become soft and jammy. Remove from heat.
For the caramel, melt 1 stick of butter and add 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Toss in 1/2 cup of chopped pecans and mix until the sugar and butter are a thicker consistency.
In an oven safe dish, pour in the pecan caramel. Then, add your spiced apples. Sprinkle the apples over the caramel so they are spread evenly. Next, take your remade cinnamon buns and place evenly throughout the pan. You will want to bake these at 375 for about 30-40 minutes.
To serve, invert the platter so the topping sits on the top of each bun. These are a decadent sweet treat that will be the perfect holiday dessert…or starter!
Easy Oven-Baked Spiced Apple and Pecan Sticky Buns Using Store-Bought Dough
- 2 Cans Premade Cinnamon Bun Dough
- 2 Honeycrisp Apples Diced
- 1 Heaping Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp White Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Dice your apples. Optional Peel and dice your apples.
- In a small sauce pan, add the apple jam ingredients together over medium heat. Let the apples soften and turn jammy.
- When they are tender and sugar is melted and bubbly, remove from heat and let cool.
- In another sauce pan, add caramel ingredients and let melt until thick and pecans are coated in caramel.
- In an oven safe-dish, pour caramel and evenly spread out apple jam.
- Place your pre-made cinnamon rolls into the dish evenly spaced apart. Bate these at 375 for about 30-40 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Invert the dish to serve so the pecans and apples are on the top of the bun!