Salmon is my favorite protein and is the most versatile. One of the most unique pairings is with curry. Coconut curry is creamy, refreshing, and full of bold flavor. I love this recipe because it is a one-pan recipe! You can make the salmon and the sauce all in the same skillet. Enjoy this easy meal under 30 and serve over a bed of delicious rice.
First, we need to season our salmon. I season mine with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, paprika, turmeric and curry powder. In a skillet on medium heat, sear the salmon with olive oil skin side down. You will cook this about 5-6 minutes until the skin is golden brown and crispy. Once the salmon is crispy, flip the salmon so the top will get beautifully crispy. Cook your salmon for another 5 minutes. You can reduce the heat and cover with a lid.
Once the salmon is cooked, remove from the heat and set aside. On medium to high heat add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Then, add your seasonings again, the same as the spice marinate for the fish. Next, squeeze a little lemon juice. Pour in 1 can of whole coconut milk. I like the whole fat version because it has better flavor, is more creamy, and richer. Reduce heat and let this simmer on low for about 6-8 minutes. Toss in some chopped cilantro. Put your salmon back in and let it finish off in the sauce. Garnish with more cilantro. Serve over wild rice and enjoy!
Easy One-Pan Coconut Curry Salmon Over Rice
- Salmon Filets
- 1/2 White Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Tumeric and Curry Powder
- 1 Can Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Cut salmon filets into preferred portion size. I like about 4 oz.
- Combine seasonings into a bowl. Season salmon with half of the seasoning mix. Save the rest.
- In a nonstick skillet on medium heat add salmon skin side down and cook about 5-6 minutes until skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Carefully flip salmon and cook the other side about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Once the salmon is cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, add your onion and garlic and sauté.
- Add the second portion of seasoning. Cook veggies down until tender, about 1 minute.
- Pour in your coconut milk and let simmer. Sprinkle in some chopped cilantro.
- Place your salmon back into your pan and let it simmer in the sauce for a couple of minutes.
- Serve over fluffy rice and enjoy!