Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Yet, I am one to not love a sweet breakfast. I usually crave something savory like eggs. This breakfast is easy to assemble, takes minimal cooking time, and is deliciously savory!
First, I used Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Slims. I absolutely adore these and thought they were delicious! I am not a huge bread eater, but I would eat these to substitute any day. If you cannot find these or do want bread, I suggest Sourdough as a substitute! I lightly toasted them in a skillet but you can also do it in a toaster. Meanwhile, cook two eggs over easy! I love a runny yolk.
Place your lightly toasted slims on the plate and add the egg. Next add your arugula salad. This is fresh arugula tossed in a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Next add your sun-dried tomatoes.
Lastly add your feta cheese, I used a vegan one so this was Gluten and dairy free, and top with a balsamic glaze! I served with a side of avocado.
Easy Mediterranean Inspired Cauliflower Breakfast Bites
- 2 Trader Joe's Cauliflower Slims or 2 slices of Sourdough Bread
- 2 Over Easy Eggs
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Feta or Vegan Feta Cheese
- Balsamic Glaze
- 1 Cup Fresh Arugula
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Lightly Toast your slims or sourdough bread. Set aside.
- Cook 2 over easy eggs in a non-stick skillet. You can poach them as well.
- To your toasted slims, add eggs.
- In a small bowl mix your arugula salad. Add salad on top of eggs and slims.
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes, feta, and balsamic glaze.