This recipe is the PERFECT snack that is not only tasty but also keto friendly! It has only 6 net carbs per quesadilla! These quesadillas have the perfect amount of spice and they are savory from the bacon. Whether you are on the keto diet or just want a delicious snack these are the quesadillas for you!
First in a bowl, add 1 8oz block of cream cheese, 2 diced jalapeños, 4 slices of bacon cooked and chopped, 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, and 2 Tsp of seasoning salt. give this a thorough mix.
Next take your carb-watch tortillas, I used Guerrero Nutri-ricas 3 Carb tortillas. In each tortilla take some of the cream cheese mix and fully spread it on the tortilla.
In a non-stick skillet on medium heat, add a small bunch of cheddar cheese directly onto the skillet. Place 4-6 thinly sliced jalapeños onto of it. Then which the cheese is bubbling, place your tortilla on top open-faced with the cream cheese mix facing you. Sprinkle a little extra cheddar in the middle. Let the cheddar cheese start to crisp up on the outside and adhere to the tortilla.
When the cheese has successfully stuck to the tortilla and is able to be lifted off the pan, gently fold your tortilla in half. We want to continue to melt the cheese in the middle. If you think your skillet is too high, turn it down. This recipe makes about 6-8 quesadillas!
Easy Keto Friendly Jalapeño Popper Quesadilla
- Guerrero Nutri-Ricas Carb Tortillas
- 8 Oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Slices Bacon Cooked and Chopped
- 2 Jalapeños Diced
- 2 Tsp Seasoning Salt
- 1-2 Jalapeños Thinly Sliced in Rounds
- In a mixing bowl, add in 1 block of softened cream cheese, diced jalapeños, 3/4 cup cheddar, and 2 tsp seasoning salt.
- Mix well.
- Take your tortillas and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly. Set each prefilled tortilla aside.
- In a skillet on medium heat, sprinkle a little of the left over cheese in the middle of the pan. Add 4-6 slices of jalapeño.
- Carefully place a filled (open face) tortilla onto the cheese and jalapeño. Sprinkle a little more cheddar cheese in the quesadilla on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Once the outer layer of cheddar and jalapeños start to crisp up and adhere to the quesadilla, gently fold it in half to melt the remaining cheese on the inside. Enjoy these quesadillas immediately and serve with salsa, guac or sour cream!
Leave a Reply