Dipping some hot crispy fries in restaurant style ranch has to be one of the greatest feelings in the world. It is the perfect dunkable sauce that really goes with so much. Growing up in America, I have to say this is my favorite condiment. But not the processed bottled ranch, the good, watery style ranch! This recipe is so simple I am going to show you 2 ways to make it!
The first way to make ranch is 3 simple ingredients. If you are in America, this option is more available to you. It is buttermilk, mayo, and 1 Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Packet. That is it. I do the exact measurements on the packet which is 1 cup buttermilk, 1 cup mayo, to 1 packet of the ranch. Stir and enjoy!
For my friends that 1) do not want to buy the packet or 2) do not have access to the packet, I add to the 1 cup of buttermilk and mayo 1 tsp salt, to 1 tbsp pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, dried parsley, and dried dill. You can add 1/2 tsp of sugar if you want but I like to keep that optional. Mix thoroughly and dunk!
Now as someone who has eaten ranch a lot, I do have some preferences. 1) I like more watery ranch. I find that the type of mayonnaise can affect this. Using Best Foods Mayo (original) works the best. If your ranch is too thick, add more buttermilk. Too thin? Add a little more mayo. I did use a low-fat mayo this round and it ended up a hair thicker than I like. You can also use 1 tbsp water to thin it down.
Easy Homemade Restaurant Style Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Mayo Best Foods (My Favorite)
- 1 Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Packet
Homemade Seasoning Way
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Mayo Best Foods
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Each: Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Mustard Powder, Dried Parsley, Dried Dill
- Mix 1 cup buttermilk, 1 cup mayo, and 1 Hidden Valley Ranch Packet in a mixing bowl. Serve with anything!
- Or: Mix 1 cup buttermilk, 1 cup mayo, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tbsp of pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, dried parsley and dried dill in a mixing bowl. Serve with anything!