When I babysat some friend’s kids, their favorite meal were dinosaur chicken nuggets! They inhaled these and loved the fun shape of them. I looked at the ingredients, and even though they were marketed as healthy, there were still some questionable ingredients. I wanted to make my version that were delicious and easy to make but also limited and high quality!
For the nuggets, take 2 pounds of ground chicken and add 1 egg. Add 1/2 tbsp of each spice: Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, and Italian Seasoning. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
Next, on a parchment lined sheet add your chicken mixture and spread it out evenly about 3/4-1 inch thick. Make Sure it is even, and lay another parchment sheet over the chicken and make sure it is flat. Freeze for about 4 hours or until 80% frozen.
Take your dinosaur cookie cutters and press down firmly. You want to make sure that the dinosaur pieces are still pretty frozen. Each piece then is lightly dredged in flour, then dipped in an egg wash. Lastly, coat in Italian bread crumbs. Fry in coconut oil for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
Easy Healthy Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets
- 2 Lbs Ground Chicken
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tbsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Italian Seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Flour or Gluten Free Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Italian Bread Crumbs or GF Bread Crumbs
- In a large bowl mix your ground chicken, 1 egg, and seasonings.
- Spread on a parchment lined baking tray until 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
- Freeze for minimum 4 hours.
- Cut out your pieces. If the chicken is thawing out, put it back into the freezer. Make sure they are partially frozen before frying.
- Dip the dinosaur pieces into the flour, then the egg wash, and lastly into the bread crumbs.
- Fry in coconut oil for 3-4 minutes a side until golden brown.