Let’s switch up your old salad routine! Sometimes, salad can get boring and can be the same over and over again. Eating salad can be fun and exciting! One of my favorite salads is a classic Caesar. The parmesan cheese really adds to salty flavor. These salad boats are a unique way to eat your salad and ditch the fork!
What I love about this recipe is how easy it is. It has 8 ingredients, yet it is packed with all the same amazing flavor. The best part about this recipe is it can be made in 10 minutes!
For this recipe, I used grilled chicken I had left over. You can also use pre-made grilled chicken or even rotisserie. I chopped mine into small bite size pieces and placed them into a bowl. Next, I added some fresh chopped cherry tomatoes. I LOVE tomatoes and it really adds a nice acidity to the dish.
I squeezed 1/2 lemon into the bowl and added my grated parmesan cheese and low fat/light Caesar dressing. Mine was 80 calories for 2 tbsp instead of 150 per 2 tbsp in the classic version. I gave my bowl a stir and rinsed my romance lettuce boats. I filled my lettuce boats and added fresh shaved parmesan cheese, a little bacon, and some freshly cracked pepper!
Easy Healthy 10-Minute Caesar salad Chicken Boats
- 5 Romane Lettuce
- 3 Small Chicken Breasts or 3 cups diced chicken You can grill these or buy store bought
- 2-4 tbsp Low Fat/Light Caesar Dressing
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 Lemon For Juice
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Chopped Bacon For Garnish
- Chop or dice chicken
- Dice tomatoes
- Add chicken, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and dressing into a mixing bowl and mix with a spoon
- Gently wash lettuce and carefully separate to maintain boat shape. Fill lettuce with the chicken mixture
- Garnish with shaved parmesan, bacon, and black pepper