This garlic cream sauce is an easy way to add the perfect flavor for any protein or veggie! If you are like me, you love a good sauce to round out the dish. Sometimes it is great to have a staple recipe that can be used for all kinds of ways.
For this sauce it is pretty simple. The first step is to melt some butter. I used about 2 oz of Irish butter. I then added my minced garlic and shallot. Let the garlic and shallot cook until fragrant. This takes just a couple of minutes.
Next add a tablespoon of cooking wine. I used sherry, but you can also use a little white wine. If you want a wine substitution, I recommend using a little apple cider vinegar.
After your garlic and shallot are cooked down and you added the wine, add 1 cup of heavy cream. Give this a good stir and let it come to a simmer. For my sauce, I wanted it to be a thicker, more gravy like consistency. For this I was able to thicken it without a roux. Take 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix this in a bowl and pour it into the cream mix. This is called a slurry and it is an easy way to thicken sauces without using flour!
Lastly, squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon, add garlic salt and pepper, and your chopped parsley!
Easy Cream Garlic Sauce
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Oz Butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Shallot Minced
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Minced
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Cooking wine or Sherry
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Pepper
- Melt butter into sauce pan and add shallot and garlic. Cook until shallot and garlic are translucent.
- Add 1 tbsp of cooking wine and stir.
- Next, add 1 cup of heavy cream. Let this come to a simmer.
- In a small mixing bowl, add 1 tbsp of cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Stir this in and watch as your sauce will become thicker!
- Add your lemon juice, seasonings, and parsley and serve over your favorite protein or veggies!
Leave a Reply