These easy crispy spring rolls are a fun way to enjoy chicken lettuce wraps! They are light, quick to make, and have that delicious crispy texture. I found that these are my favorite new spring roll!
This recipe is very simple. All you need is to cook the filling in a pan, roll it up in the wrapper, and lightly fry. First saute your white onion and some water chestnuts. To add a more toasted flavor, saute with some sesame oil. Toss in your ground chicken and stir. To get that delicious lettuce wrap flavor, I added the P.F Chang’s Home Menu Lettuce Wrap Sauce. I poured in one packet to 1 lb of ground chicken.
Next, we are going to add one packet of frozen peas and carrots. Mix well and add 1/2 tbsp of ginger paste. Finally, season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flake! Set aside you filling mixture to let cool for a few minutes so it is easy to work with. Then, take your spring roll wrappers and place like a diamond in front of you. I used Spring Roll wrappers because they are thinner and have a smooth texture. You can also use egg roll wrappers if you like.
Egg roll wrappers are a bit thicker and not as smooth, but are crispy! Gently roll the spring roll up and tuck in the sides as you roll. Fry in some frying oil until the outside is golden brown and crispy. This will not take long as the filling will already be cooked. Enjoy!
Easy Crispy Chicken Lettuce Wrap Spring Rolls
- 1 Lb Ground Chicken
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1 Small Can of Water Chestnuts
- 12 Oz Bag of Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 1 Packet P.F Chang's Home Menu Lettuce Wrap Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flake
- 24 Spring Roll Wrappers
- 2 Cups Frying Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- First saute your white onion, water chestnuts and ground chicken in sesame oil.
- Next, add the P.F Chang's Home Menu Sauce, Frozen Pea and Carrot mix, and ginger paste and stir.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flake.
- Let the filling cool for a few minutes and then add about 1 tbsp of mixture to each spring roll wrapper and roll tightly.
- Fry in oil until the outside is golden and crispy.