Olive Garden is an American staple that is know for their delicious soup, salad, endless breadsticks, and rich pastas. When you go for their soups, this one is their most popular and it is for a reason. It is creamy, rich, and delicious! I am spicing up this famous soup so you can bring home bold flavor instead of the take out!
For this recipe you just need a large pot. This soup makes about 8 servings. First, instead of using olive oil, I used the sun-dried tomato oil. I find it has extra flavor, so no wasting it in the jar. Use 2 tbsp of the oil and sauté your garlic, onions, and red chili flakes,
Next add your diced golden fingerling potatoes, and spicy sausage. I like using the hot Italian sausage but you can use mild if you prefer. Mix your sausage and potatoes in with the onions and garlic. Season with some salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
Once your sausage is mostly cooked, add 4 cups of chicken broth and 2 cups of heavy cream. Give your soup a stir and let it come to a boil. Then, reduce the heat and add your kale. Stir you soup on low heat then finally add freshly grated parmesan cheese. I highly recommend freshly grated because it melts better and has a saltier flavor it it. Stir and serve!
Easy Copy Cat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Recipe
- 1 Lb Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Chopped White Onion
- 1 Lb Diced Golden Fingerling/Petite Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Sun-Dried Tomato Oil
- 1/2 Cup Diced Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Tbsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning
- 3 Cups Shredded Kale
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Using the sun-dried tomato oil, sauté in a pot your garlic, onions, and chili flakes.
- Once they are fragrant, about 1 minute, add in your diced golden potatoes hot Italian sausage, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cook the sausage down and break it apart. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning.
- Add 4 cups of chicken broth and 2 cups of heavy cream. Let this come to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Add in your kale and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Let this lightly simmer until the kale is cooked, and the potatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately and top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Leave a Reply