I absolutely love beef taquitos. As a kid, I remember my mom always having a frozen pack from Costco in the freezer. I would heat some up after school and go watch my favorite show. These are nostalgic for me. As I have grown older, I realized I didn’t like the taste of the frozen ones as much. I decided I wanted to make a homemade version that were healthier and tastier. This recipe is surprisingly hands off. And, you can make a ton of meat and it goes amazing in burritos, bowls, tacos, and just as its own. It is so versatile!
For the meat, season your roast with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and cumin. Sear on both sides. If you do not want to, you can just skip that part. To your meat, add 1 whole onion quartered, 3-4 cloves garlic, 2 bay leaves, and 6 dried chili de arbol, and 2 guajillo chilies. Let this simmer on low for 8 hours, or use a crock pot.
When the beef is done. Take it out and shred it. You can store this up to 4 days! For the taquitos, it is so simple. Prewarm your corn tortilla. Otherwise they will split. You can do it over the stove in a skillet or just microwave them. Place a little pepper jack cheese at the end of the tortilla and about 1-2 tbsp of your beef. You do not want to over fill these. Gently roll and place the seam side down in the air fryer basket. Spray with a little avocado oil and airfare at 390 for about 10- 12 minutes.
Easy and Savory Crispy Air Fryer Beef Taquitos
- 1-1 1/2 Lb Beef Roast
- 2 Tsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, Paprika, and Cumin
- 1 Onion Quartered
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 Chili de Arbol
- 2 Guajillo Chilies
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 12-20 Corn Tortillas
- 16 Oz Pepper Jack Cheese
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Season your beef roast. Optional, sear each side until brown.
- To a pot on the stove, or a crock pot, add your onion, garlic, bay leaves, dried chilies, and beef broth. Slow cook/simmer on low for 8 hours.
- Remove meat from pot and shred.
- Warm your tortillas on the stove or microwave for about 20-30 seconds. This is so they do not split. If they are not warm enough, they will crack when rolling.
- Add a little cheese and beef at the bottom of the tortilla and roll. Place seam side down in the air fryer and mist with avocado oil.
- Air fry at 390 for about 10-12 minutes.