It is summer time and it is hot! It is time to cool off with the fruit of the summer but in a fun and refreshing way. As a kid and even into my adult life, watermelon has been one of my favorites. So this recipe is so easy for something so delicious you will be making it for the whole family!
First you need to get a watermelon. I used a small, personal watermelon. It said seedless but looking at mine, it definitely had a couple of seeds. Oh Well! Cut your watermelon removing the fruit from the rind. I used my watermelon as a dish, so you can save it if you want. That part is optional. If so, scoop it out.
Freeze your watermelon overnight. The next morning we are going to blend it. It may have frozen together a little, so you may need to break off chunks. Place this in the food processor with 2 tbsp honey, Juice of 1 small lime, and 8 oz of coconut water and blend.
If you need to thin it out, add more coconut water starting in 1/4 cup increments until you get the desired consistency. Scoop into your bowl. Optional is sprinkling mini chocolate chips on top or adding fresh mint! Enjoy!
Easy and Refreshing 4 Ingredient Watermelon Slush
- 2-3 Cups Watermelon (frozen)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Juice of small lime
- 8 Oz Coconut Water (Beyond that add 1/4 cup until right consistency)
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Fresh Mint
- Cut and remove fruit of watermelon from rind.
- Freeze watermelon overnight
- Place 2 -3 cups of frozen watermelon with honey, lime juice, and coconut water. If mixture is too thick, add more coconut water in 1/4 cup increments.
- Serve in bowl and optional sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and garnish with mint.
Leave a Reply