I think interactive eating is one of my favorite types of eating experiences. I love dipping, dunking, and cooking my food at the table. Fondue has always been that fun, easy meal for me, plus it is a bowl of melted cheese! I did not realize how easy fondue was to make from scratch. This recipe can be made gluten friendly as well! Enjoy garlic herb cheesy goodness!
It is really simple to make! First, get your cheese. I like using this triple creme French cheese. It almost looks like a very small brie! It is so melty and the flavor is mild. First, I remove my rind from the cheese. It will be a little sticky since it is so creamy. Take your cheese chunks and lightly roll them in flour.
For the veggie, mince 3 cloves of garlic, 1/2 shallot, and a tsp of each: Parsley, Thyme, and Rosemary. In a nonstick skillet, add 1 tbsp of butter and sauté your garlic and shallot until fragrant. Sprinkle in some red pepper flakes for a bit of heat! Add about 1/2 cup of white wine and toss in your chopped herbs. Finally, add your floured cheese pieces and them them melt, stirring occasionally! This will make the sauce perfectly thick.
Lastly, dip with your favorite fondue items such as bread, pretzels, sausage, apple, and more!
Easy and Quick Garlic Herb Triple Creme Fondue
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Diced Shallot
- 1 Tsp Each: Chopped Parsley. Rosemary, Thyme
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 Round Triple Creme French Cheese
- Flour to Coat Cheese
- Cut your cheese and derind. Take your cheese pieces and carefully dredge in flour. (Can use GF flour). Set aside.
- Dice and chop your garlic, shallot, and herbs.
- In a non-stick skillet add 1 tbsp of butter and sauté the garlic and shallot. Sprinkle in some red pepper flakes. sauté until garlic and shallots are fragrant and tender.
- Add in your 1/2 cup of white wine and chopped herbs.
- Mix well. Lastly, melt floured cheese pieces in the skillet. Let the sauce thicken. Pour into a bowl and serve with bread, meat, and fruit!