When it comes to easy flavorful meals, this dinner for 2 can be made in 30 minutes or less! What I love about these air fryer recipes is you can leave what you are air frying to work on other parts of the dish! The steak is a perfect medium and you get this rich sauce without any dairy in it!
First, cube your steak in 1 inch pieces. I love using Ribeye because I believe it is one of the most flavorful steaks. I like the marbling of fat throughout the meat. Once your steak is cubed, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I drizzled a tsp of olive oil, but that is optional. Air fry in a preheated air fryer at 390 F for 9-9 1/2 minutes. I find this leaves a not overly pink center.
While your steak is cooking microwave your mashed potatoes. You can make from scratch or used premade, whatever works best for you. For your sauce, in a small pan, melt 1 tbsp butter with 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 cup of mushrooms, and 1 tsp of thyme. Sauté until the mushrooms start to wilt down. Then add 3/4 cup beef broth, and 2 tbsp red wine. Let simmer. Mix 1 tbsp corn starch with 1 tbsp water and pour into the sauce and let simmer for a few minutes. This will help thicken the gravy. Let cool for 5 minutes while your steak also rests for 5 minutes.
Serve the steak on your fluffy mashed potatoes and drizzle your sauce on top. Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!
Easy and Quick Air Fryer Steak Bites with a Mushroom Gravy
- 1 Large Ribeye (Roughly 1 lb)
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 3/4 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp Water
- Mashed Potatoes
- Parsley for Garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 390 F.
- Cube steak into 1 inch pieces. Season with oil. and seasoning mix.
- Air fry at 390 for 9-9 1/2 minutes for a medium.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter, garlic and mushrooms together and saute for 3 minutes. Add thyme and let mushrooms to begin to wilt down.
- Pour in beef broth , wine, and corn starch slurry and let simmer until it slightly thickens (about 5 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve steak over mashed potatoes and pour over sauce. Optional is sprinkle parsley as the garnish.