This is one of my favorite ways to meal prep! I find myself always gravitating towards Mediterranean food and this was an easy solution when I want to eat healthy and quick! You can freeze these for up to 6 months and pull them out as needed.
For the meatballs, I mix 2 lbs of ground chicken with 1/3 cup shallots, 1 tbsp garlic, 1/3 cup minced parsley, 1/4 cup minced dill, 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Then drop in one egg and 1/2 cup of bread crumbs of your choice! They can be GF too like mine! Mix well and form into ping-pong sized balls.
Freeze these for 2 hours if cooking for a meal the same day, or up to 6 months in a airtight container or ziplock bag. When you want to cook them, place a tbsp of grass-fed butter in a pan and cook them on medium heat turning occasionally. Place a lid on them and let them cook thoroughly (around 15-20 minutes.
For the greek yogurt sauce, I use 1 grated cucumber with the water wrung out, dill, lemon juice, garlic, and salt! Mix well. This tastes best made the day before. I love to serve this all together with rice, cucumber, tomatoes, sauce, meatballs, and feta! To really make it a flavor-bomb, I add fresh mint as well!
Easy and Healthy Mediterranean Chicken Meatballs
- 2 Lbs Ground Chicken
- 1/3 Cup Minced Shallots
- 1/3 Cup Minced Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Minced Dill
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs Of Choice
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Greek Yogurt Dip
- 1 Cucumber Grated
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- Diced Cucumber
- Diced Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flake
- Mix all of the meat ball ingredients together. Use can use a fork or spoon, or even your hands.
- Roll into ping-pong sized balls. Place them in the freezer in an air tight container for 2 hours up to 6 months.
- When ready to cook them, place a tbsp of butter in a non-stick skillet and cook on medium turning each meatball occasionally. Place a lid over the meatballs and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until the inside is fully cooked.
- For the sauce, mix ingredients into a bowl. Set aside. This is best made a day before.
- Serve over your choice of sides and enjoy!
Leave a Reply