The holidays are approaching and you do NOT want to miss this on your dinner table! These mashed potatoes are the perfect pairing for any protein and easy to make. Smother them in gravy, or leave them as is, they are delicious either way! The roasted garlic and herbs gives this rich flavor.
First, take your garlic and roast in the oven an 375F. Wrap garlic in foil and drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap and oven bake for at least 40 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, peel and cut your russet potatoes. I use 3 large potatoes to serve about 4-6 people.
I cut them into thirds and boil until tender. Remove from the water and let cool for about 10 minutes. You want to keep them warm, but not too hot to where it is too hard to work with them. I like using a ricer to get the potatoes extra fine. If you do not have one, a simple potato masher will do just fine!
Mash your potatoes and add your roasted garlic, 1/2 tbsp Each of chopped rosemary, thyme, and sage, and 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.. Mix in 1 stick of butter, and 1 cup of heavy cream. you can add more cream if you want a velvety texture. Really the ratios depend on your preference! Salt your potatoes to your liking. Serve with butter and minced parsley. Enjoy!
Easy and Creamy Roasted Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes
- 3 Peeled and Cut Russet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Head Garlic Bulb
- 1/2 Tbsp Each: Minced Rosemary, Thyme, and Sage
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Stick Butter Melted
- Peel and 3rd your potatoes. Boil until Tender
- Cut the top off the garlic. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 375 for 40 minutes or until brown and tender.
- Rice your potatoes or mash. Add your roasted garlic, parmesan cheese, seasonings, herbs, heavy cream, and butter.
- Stir until well mixed. If you want a thinner, more creamy potato, add more heavy cream.
- Serve with butter and chopped parsley
Leave a Reply