If you have not seen this on the CHili’s menu, then you are missing out! This simple dish combines the best parts of queso and spinach dip into one! The best part of this recipe is how easy it is to make! All you have to do is throw ingredients into a baking dish and stir!
First, you need to pick your cheese of choice! I decided to use a blend of mozzarella, white cheddar, and Pepper Jack. I cubed mine into small, 1 inch cubes. Once you have your cheese, it is time to get the ingredients for the spinach dip.
I cooked my spinach and pressed the extra water out, but you can also use frozen spinach. Just remember to get the extra water out with a towel. This will make sure you do not have runny queso! In a large cast iron, add in your cubed cheese, minced garlic, spinach, seasoning of choice (I used a cajun blend), and heavy cream.
Mix this all around and place into a preheated oven at 350 F. Let this bake until all the cheese is melted. I stirred mine a couple times in-between. To top it like Chili’s, add some pico de Gallo and guacamole. Lastly, sprinkle with some queso fresco. Dip and enjoy!
Easy and Creamy Chili’s CopyCat White Spinach Queso
- 3 Cups Cheese of Choice (I used Cubed White Cheddar, Mozzarella, and Peppe Jack)
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Cup Cooked Spinach (Water Pressed Out) About 3-4 cups (uncooked Spinach)
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Pico De Gallo
- 1/4 Cup Guacamole
- Queso Fresco to Garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Cube your Cheese blocks and set aside
- Cook your spinach. You will need about 3-4 cups of raw spinach to get about 1 1/2 cups of cooked spinach. Once your spinach is cooked, Let cool and press all of the water out with a towel by wrapping it into a ball and wringing it over the sink.
- In a cast iron, add your cubed cheese, garlic, spinach, seasoning, and heavy cream. Mix, and place in the oven until it is all melted and the top begins to brown. This takes about 20 minutes +
- Top with some pico de Gallo and guacamole. Sprinkle some queso fresco on top and enjoy
Leave a Reply