This recipe is the start of my new series highlighting quick recipes that are fast and easy to make. This puff pastry pizza recipe cost a total of under 30 dollars and that is ALL ingredients!
First, to note, for this recipe, it does require to thaw the puff pastry. You can leave it out for 30 minutes and continue about your day, gently warm your oven at a low 100 F and let it sit in there just until it thaws like 10 minutes. Actual cook and assembly time takes under 30 minutes!
First, cut your pastry in half. We will be folding it over itself. You can get 6 pizza bites with one packages of puff pastry. Put a small teaspoon of sauce of your choice in the middle. Then add 1 slice of mozzarella, and 1 slice of pepperoni. Fold over the side and and firmly press the sides. Cut in-between each piece and seal with a fork. You also will want to carefully cut a small slit on the top of the pastry so air can escape. Otherwise your pastry will burst.
Finally spread some melted butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning on top and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. I drizzled some hot honey on mine but that is totally optional!
Easy and Cheap Pizza Pockets
- 1 Package Frozen Puff Pastry
- Sliced Mozarella
- Sauce of Choice
- 1/2 Stick Melted Butter
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tsp Minced Garlic
- Let puff pastry thaw.
- Cut puff pastry in half.
- Add 3 tsp of sauce of your choice along one side of the puff pastry. Add 1 slice of mozzarella and 1 pepperoni.
- Fold the half over on itself. Cut the 3 pieces from each other and firmly seal each piece with a fork.
- Cut a small slit at the top of each pastry.
- Brush with the garlic butter mixture and bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.